This Summer Travel, Work and Improve your French!
The program offers youth aged 16-17 the opportunity to gain paid work experience, practice their second official language skills, and discover another community within Canada.
Cliquez ici pour français
Youth who will be 16 or 17 this summer are eligible to participate in YMCA’s Summer Work Student Exchange (SWSE) program. The exchange is a six week program and includes,
- Travel to Québec to expand and practice French skills
- Meet new people and make friends
- Get paid work experience during the exchange
- Stay with a local host
- Enjoy fun group activities while exploring their surroundings
- Build on their skills for the future!
Qualified staff will support the youth through their entire experience. The program will cover the cost of travel between provinces and program activities. There is a modest fee to participate.
Youth Families must also host a youth participant while theirs is away on exchange. If this is a challenge please let us know.