The McDonald Family YMCA
A new YMCA is coming to the King and Spadina neighbourhood offering aquatics, individual conditioning, group fitness classes, children’s programs, personal training and more.
Get the newsletter and be the first to know about opening dates, programs and more.
Programs & Amenities
Affordable Membership Options
- A variety of memberships are available, including family memberships which includes two adults and any number of children in your household
- A membership assistance program is available when price may be a barrier to joining
- A swimming pool featuring a variety of aquatics programs
- An individual conditioning room with cardio and weight equipment
- Beautiful, welcoming spaces with plenty of natural light
- A gymnasium for rec sports like Basketball, Volleyball and more
Quality Fitness Classes
- Your membership includes a variety of fantastic group fitness including Yoga, YMCA TotalFit, YMCA Arriba, and much more
Children’s Lessons & Camps
- We have fun and challenging programming that keeps your kids active including karate, basketball, soccer, recreational sports, swimming lessons and aquatic leadership courses
Free Youth Empowerment Programs
- From Teen Nights to Youth Leadership Development, your new Y will provide donor-funded supports and opportunities for young people to overcome obstacles and reach their potential.
- We reduced carbon emissions by opting for locally sourced and recycled materials when possible
- Thanks to designing efficient, low-waste systems we are on track to be LEED certified and receive the gold standard
Construction is well on its way. We are planning to open our doors in 2024. Our team is working hard behind the scenes to move the project along so we can announce the official opening day. Be the first to find out when that will be and get more exciting details by signing up for the newsletter.
Your membership includes access to the aquatics centre, the individual conditioning room, all group fitness classes, rec sports in the gymnasium at all 11 YMCA locations across the GTA. Additional fees apply for children’s registered programs, personal training sessions or league sports.
No. Membership fees cover the costs of your access to our amenities, drop-in sports and rec programs, and group fitness classes.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity and many of our members make donations to support our work. These donations go towards our programs — from youth shelters to camp, leadership development, and more — and they help us bring those programs to more people by funding new YMCAs in new neighbourhoods. If you choose to give to the Y, you will receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation, but not for your membership fees.
Our group fitness classes vary in style, intensity and fitness goal but all of them are created to be accessible and inclusive. Options range from high intensity classes like TotalFit, Bootcamp and BodyFit to more restorative classes like Yoga.
All of our YMCA health and fitness centres offer a variety of sports and learning programs for children and youth. Find out more about basketball, swim lessons, soccer, martial arts, you aquatics and more.
Long-time YMCA supporters Steve and Jenifer McDonald have collectively donated a total of $5M to our Strong Start, Great Future Capital Campaign to build new YMCAs across the GTA. This new Centre of Community is named in honour of their commitment to bringing essential services and a sense of community to more people in more neighbourhoods.
We currently have 11 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. A YMCA membership gets you access to all of these locations, so if you’re looking to start your well-being journey today, you’re in luck. Visit the Find a Y page to locate your nearest Y. And get your membership through the My Y portal.
McDonald Family YMCA Location & Details
505 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1Y3
The Y Is A Charity That's Changed Millions Of Lives For The Better
For 170 years, the Y has empowered people with essential services, opportunities to better their lives, and a sense of community and belonging.
Above and beyond our state-of-the-art Health and Fitness centres, the Y supports health and well-being through critical services ranging from youth shelters to child care, mental health counselling, employment programs, food banks, and more.