About Our Charity
When given support, positivity and guidance, we believe that you can turn off the things that are holding you back. Turn on: Confidence, connection, and possibilities. With hundreds of programs and services at over 460 locations in the GTA, see what you can achieve at the Y.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities.
Vibrant communities where everyone can shine.
Inclusiveness. We create welcoming places and programs where everyone feels they belong.
Integrity. We are truthful, trustworthy, and take responsibility for our choices, actions, and commitments.
Kindness. We are caring and compassionate.
Optimism. We believe in the strengths and potential in people and communities.
Respect. We treat every person with dignity.
Well-being. We are dedicated to people’s physical, social, and mental health.
Every Day At the Y...
- Parents can pursue their careers or education while their kids learn and grow in child care.
- Adults achieve peace of mind at yoga classes and reach healthy workout goals at our health and fitness centres.
- Toddlers build confidence with every stroke, learning life-saving swimming skills in our swimming & aquatics programs.
- Teens become (literal and figurative) trailblazers in our camping and outdoor education programs.
- Youth experiencing homelessness get a warm place to sleep at our shelters.
- Older adults stay active and connected to their communities.
- Job seekers find employment support as they navigate the current labour market.
- Newcomers are welcomed and supported as they settle in a new country.
- Students gain life experience as volunteers, and as youth leaders in work and travel exchange programs.
By offering a safe destination where people from all walks of life can ignite their true potential, the Y has become both a beacon of inspiration and a trusted anchor of support for more than 170 years.
What People Are Saying
“I didn’t believe that I had a lot of friends…now, I couldn’t count them all. The connection with other people can be very healing. It keeps me coming back to my exercise classes.”
- Doug Fulford
Health & Fitness member
Sweat For Good Challenge fundraiser
“Our ambition is to build a good future here in Canada. Our children belong, they can be happy, successful, and contribute to their new country. At the Y, anything is possible.”
- Nabil Al Hawa
Syrian Refugee and YMCA member
“Learning about my sexuality wasn’t the easiest for me. But at the Y, I didn’t feel ashamed; it was a welcoming space. Now I want to empower other youth and create change."
- Keion Bisnath
YMCA Youth Leadership Development program participant
You May Also Like
Endless opportunities to shine bright at the Y
Did you know that the Y is a charity that helps people from all walks of life, at all ages and life stages? Explore all our programs and services and find the best options to keep you and your family shining bright.
How We Make a Difference
Thanks to our generous supporters, the Y is delivering critical programs and building inclusive community spaces where everyone can shine.