Y Movement Lab
Are you interested in bringing Y Movement Lab classes to your Y?
For over 150 years we’ve been teaching innovative, results-driven fitness programs designed to support people of all ages, at all stages in their fitness journey. Y Movement Lab is the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s unique program development approach available to Ys across Canada. Our goal is to enable instructors and fitness leaders so their members get the most from their YMCA fitness experience and shine bright.
- Consistency: High-quality classes designed to get results
- Variety: Expect to be challenged with new workouts regularly
- Fresh and innovative: Routines delivered to your inbox three times a year to keep your members excited and engaged in your group fitness class offerings
- Expertise: Each new routine is carefully curated and designed with participant success and safety as our top priority. We ensure each program is developed with the highest standards in both exercise excellence and execution
- Commitment to inclusion: We meet people where they are – participants and instructors represent all ages and stages – participating regardless of fitness level or group fitness expertise
Let Us Support Your Fitness Teams
Save time and do what you do best! Let us support your fitness teams so instructors can shine and participants are able to reach their full potential.
Benefits of Y Movement Lab
- Over 20 trainers and 400 instructors are teaching programs developed by Y Movement Lab across Canada
- Members benefit from a high calibre fitness program designed by expert choreographers with decades of experience at one of Canada’s largest Y's — the YMCA of Greater Toronto
- We take the guesswork out of creating new routines and providing new choreography so instructors can dedicate their time to lead and inspire
- Trainers create and curate routines giving instructors the opportunity to focus on leading and inspiring
- Instructors have time to learn the routines and focus on what they do best — program delivery and igniting the potential in others
Y programs offer something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a program that supports your water-based group fitness classes or a more intense, high impact, strength training class, we’ve got you covered. We can support you by providing curriculum and training for one or all of these popular fitness classes.
TotalFit is a 45-minute, high-intensity, total body workout combining 15 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of strength training, and 15 minutes of core strength. TotalFit is motivating and entertaining, with amazing cardio routines, dynamic total-body strength exercises, and core routines set to upbeat music.
FlowFit classes place an emphasis on well-being and centre on functional movement — working on core strength, range of motion, balance, and stabilization. Classes open and close with mindfulness meditation — focusing on breathwork — helping to reduce stress levels. Your body works hard every day and FlowFit is the “reset” that brings your body back into alignment and overall health. FlowFit not only resets your spine, but it’s also a chance to reset your mood and well-being.
YMCA MuscleFit is a 45-minute, strength-based group fitness class, using barbells and plates, that focuses on muscle endurance. Movements are powered by a choreographed strength routine accompanied by music that will help your participants push through any challenge. This workout will result in stronger, more defined muscles, improved strength endurance and a metabolic boost.
YMCA Arriba is a high-energy, dance-based fitness party with fun music and dance styles from all over the world! You will find Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia and Reggaeton with a splash of Dance, Bollywood, Belly Dance, Hip Hop and any other rhythm you can move your hips and feet to. No dance experience is required — just bring your energy and your running shoes and we guarantee you will sweat, smile, and get a great cardio workout.
YMCA Barre is a ballet-inspired class that focuses on smaller muscle groups to provide a full-body stretch and strength workout. A 45-minute Barre class focuses on form, posture, toning, and balance while performing isometric movements and emphasizing basic alignment and deep stretching. Like many of our Group Fitness classes, Barre is suitable for participants of various ages, stages, and abilities. No ballet background is required.
Discover a new way to step and move to the beat. YMCA Line Dance is a fun, low-intensity and easy-going class that moves you through a simple, easy-to-follow, repeated sequence of steps set to many genres of fun music to get you moving. This class is suitable for all fitness levels. Grab your dance shoes and get fit!
YMCA AquaFit is a challenging, shallow water-based group fitness class that uses buoyancy and resistance for a total body workout that is easy on your joints but packed with liquid-powered delight. This 45-minute class focuses on the six basic AquaFit movements as fundamental building blocks to achieve cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, endurance, and joint flexibility. Like many of our group fitness classes, AquaFit is suitable for participants of various ages, stages, and abilities. No swimming skill is required.