Join Our Team
Be more than a teacher.
Be more than an instructor.
Be more than a friend.
Be the Spark that allows a child to shine.
Become a YMCA Child Care Educator today
- Advancement: Complete your Early Childhood Educator (ECE) training while working, receive ongoing professional development, and grow your career as you progress to supervisory or managerial roles
- Opportunity: Receive: 1:1 mentorship from senior staff; Move between our 300+ child care centres across the GTA
- Team Work: Be part of a team and work towards a common goal of helping children ignite their true potential
- Benefits: Receive a comprehensive benefits package- including coverage for dental, massage, physiotherapy, psychology, and more
- Compensation: Earn a competitive full-time salary or part-time hourly rate, with paid time off including vacation, statutory holidays, and annual pay increases based on performance
- Discounts: Save on YMCA programs and services, including child care, personal training, and more
- Gym membership: Get access to all YMCA of Greater Toronto Health and Fitness centres, including swimming pools, drop-in classes, and more
There are currently no upcoming events.
See the Impact
Want to know what it's like to be a child care educator at the YMCA? Check out the videos below to "spend a day" with an educator working in one of our programs.
Infant, with Paula
Toddler, with Katerina
Preschool, with Petra
Before & After School, with Alicia
Be a Part of Something Great
We have been providing child care for more than 50 years
We are Canada's largest not-for-profit child care provider
We developed YMCA Playing to Learn™, a play-based curriculum used throughout North America
We offer child care at over 300 locations and are expanding
Hear From Our Team
“Our team here, I would definitely say we’re a family”
-Deanna Prasad, Early Childhood Educator, Brampton Kennedy Road Child Care Centre
"In terms of training and resources and tools...you're going to get it at the YMCA."
-Tano Sala, Supervisor, Mississauga Meadowvale YMCA Child Care Centre
"I’m coming to work....to be a play partner, to foster learning, to empower children."
-Shanta Maharaj, Educator, Brampton Our Lady of Peace YMCA Child Care Centre
“The thing that I find most rewarding…is just seeing that spark in those children’s eyes.”
-Chantol Jackson, Recruitment Coordinator – Scarborough and York, YMCA of Greater Toronto Talent Acquisition
Choose an Employer That Cares
Be part of a charity that has been recognized as a top employer for 13 years. We are committed to be a great workplace and provide an environment where people enjoy their work and grow in the process. Participating in Top Employer programs allows us to continually strive towards higher standards and offer employees the best working experiences.
Begin Your Career
The YMCA of Greater Toronto has a long history of supporting student placements, guiding and mentoring the future generation of early childhood educators. Students who complete their placement at the YMCA have the opportunity to start their child care career at the Y upon graduation.
If you are a student, please talk to your school’s Placement Coordinator about opportunities at the YMCA of Greater Toronto.
The Y supports 150-200 students each semester in our child care centres and before and afterschool programs by working closely with several post-secondary institutions, including:
Earn While You Learn
The YMCA provides educators the on-the-job training required by Skilled Trades Ontario to achieve their Child Development Practitioner Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Sponsorship and hands-on workplace-based training to receive Registered Early Childhood Educator credentials
- 1:1 mentorship with senior staff members
- Access to bursaries and scholarships
- Assistance finding placements and new opportunities
To learn more about apprenticeship oppportunities in YMCA Child Care, contact us at email@example.com
We are hiring throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Find the role that's right for you
Difficulty submitting your application? Email us your resume and quote the job posting number.
Supporting families through the pandemic
Many people, including essential workers, can't do their jobs from home. During the pandemic, over 500 children received free YMCA Emergency Child Care while their parents worked on the frontlines.