Subsidy Guidelines for School Break Programs
We are proud to work with six municipalities in the Greater Toronto Area to enable families currently receiving municipal child care subsidy to apply their fee assistance towards Day Camp experiences for their child(ren).
Regional Subsidy Guidelines
Prior to beginning your child(ren)'s registration please read the guidelines below to ensure you meet the specific criteria that has been set by the municipality you receive your child care municipal subsidy from. When choosing Day Camp programs for multiple weeks, we encourage you to select a variety of programs.
Dufferin, Durham, Halton, Peel & York Regions
- Families may register their camper for Day Camp or Licensed School Break programs. However, you may be required to pay for the full cost of the program while we verify your placement with our subsidy office. Please allow two weeks for our Member Services team to confirm your registration with the municipal office. Once your placement is confirmed, you will receive a refund less any fee(s) that you are required to pay.
- In order to see which Day Camp is accessible to you, build your family's Y Guide. For Summer Break programming, use your postal code to see locations near you and your Extended Hours location, as well as additional locations that are available by bus.
- Families registering for Day Camp or Licensed School Break programs using City of Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy must have an active registration in a Child Care or Before and After School program in the City of Toronto.
- Families that do not have an active registration in a YMCA Child Care or Before and After School program in the City of Toronto and are registering for a Day Camp or Licensed School Break programs using City of Toronto child care fee subsidy must attend both AM and PM Extended Hours for the weeks registered. You must contact the Extended Hours location of interest to confirm they can accept your camper into the location before registering.
- Please note that the City of Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy does not cover overnight camp options. Please speak to your child care supervisor/manager for more information on the child care subsidy agreement for overnight summer programs.
- In order to see which Day Camp locations your Extended Hours location offers busses to, use your postal code when you build your family's Y Guide.
- Bussing is only available to Day Camp programs; not available for Licensed School Break programs.
- If your child is 4 or 5 years old, they can only be registered in a Licensed School Break program at their current Child Care or Before and After School program location.
If your child does not currently attend a YMCA Licensed School Break program, but does receive Government Child Care Subsidy, please contact us at 1-877-303-2267 or email@example.com. Registration must be received four (4) weeks prior to the requested program/session start date.