What We Do
At the Y, we help you to overcome obstacles and let your potential shine. Our charity creates opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership for everyone. Through a wide variety of programs and services, we're building a brighter future in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
The Y is there for you at every age and stage of your life. Here are just some examples of what we do.
- We provide child care for parents looking for quality caregiving that's affordable.
- We help you stay active and reach your health and fitness goals at our group fitness classes, with personal training, and with a wide range of sports and fitness programs.
- We enable newcomers to improve their language skills.
- We empower people to find rewarding jobs. We provide resume advice and job interview preparation through our employment services.
- We help youth make friends and gain skills with leadership opportunities.
- We give older adults opportunities to make friends and stay connected.
- We offer counselling to help people overcome issues with gambling and substance use.
- We provide shelter and support for youth who are at risk of homelessness.
Giving communities a Strong Start for a Great Future
The $50 million Strong Start, Great Future Capital Campaign is our promise to bring essential services, opportunity, and social connection to more people by building more YMCAs across the GTA.
With help from donors just like you, the Y can deliver the supports our region needs to recover and rebuild stronger than ever in the pandemic’s wake.
Endless opportunities to shine bright at the Y
Did you know that the Y is a charity that helps people from all walks of life, at all ages and life stages? Explore all our programs and services and find the best options to keep you and your family shining bright.