|Time Commitment||Flexible schedule with minimum three month time commitment.|
|Location(s)||Available at various YMCA Health and Fitness centres throughout the Greater Toronto Area.|
At the YMCA, we're more than a gym. We're a place where you can be yourself, meet new friends and have fun. Our Health and Fitness Centres support members as they strive to reach their potential and work toward their goals as part of an inclusive, caring and healthy community. Our fitness centres feature modern equipment and amenities to make your workout as convenient and comfortable as possible. Housekeeping volunteers partner with staff to ensure that programming areas are safe and clean.
Major Duties May Include:
- Assisting housekeeping staff with general building cleanliness.
- Remaining positive, helpful and welcoming at all times.
- Building relationships with members and introduce them to other members, staff and volunteers.
- Delivering YMCA service responsibly, honestly, respectfully and with care.
- Take action to ensure members are safe when participating at the YMCA.
- Minimum age 13.
- Volunteers age 18 and above will need to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening from their local police service before their first day of volunteering and every three years on the anniversary of their first day of volunteering.
- Be a part of the YMCA team and promote the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values.
- Develop communication skills with members and other staff.
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people from all walks of life.
How to apply
Complete the online volunteer application. You will need to provide the position title and location information of this position during step 3 of the application.
Looking for a Different Role?
Check out the full list of our volunteer opportunities.
Why Volunteer for the Y?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great place to volunteer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of volunteers with meaningful positions and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For 170 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential.