The YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre
Join us as a member, volunteer, or donor and see for yourself the vibrant, supportive community that makes our charity so special.
- Rec Sports
- Group Fitness
Frequently Asked Questions
A YMCA membership will give you unlimited access to all of our amenities and program areas, group fitness classes, drop-in rec sports, and virtual programs.
YMCA Membership price chart (all prices are monthly)
- Adult General (30+) - $59.00
- Young Adult (22-29) - $45.00
- Youth (15-21) - $39.00
- Child (10-14) - $39.00
- Family General - $91.00
*Please note: A family membership means a maximum of two adults living at the same address, and any number of dependents aged 21 years and younger.
The Y is for everyone, no matter your financial situation. If you need financial assistance, one of our staff members will conduct a confidential assessment of your financial situation to determine if you qualify to pay for your membership at a reduced rate.
Find out more about applying for Financial Assistance.
The name was chosen to celebrate and honour a $5 million gift to the YMCA from The David Braley Charitable Foundation. You can read more about Mr. Braley and the impact this gift will make here.
Your donation can:
- Support our youth shelters so young people experiencing homelessness can have a safe place to sleep and resources to help them get back on track
- Help older adults get active and connect with their community
- Send teens to camp so they can build leadership, independence, teamwork, and conflict resolution skills
- Provide financial assistance for families who otherwise couldn’t afford YMCA services like child care
- And more!
No. Membership fees cover the costs of your access to all of our amenities, drop-in sports and rec programs, and group fitness classes.
Many of our members make separate donations to our charity. These donations support our programs — from youth shelters to camp, leadership development, and more — and they help us bring those programs to more people by funding new YMCAs in new neighbourhoods. If you choose to give to the Y, you will receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation, not for your membership fees.
Proper workout wear is required to respect the comfort and safety of everyone in our family friendly Y. Athletic, closed toe shoes are required when in the workout sections of the centre. Remember to wear comfortable tops and bottoms that are suitable for your fitness regime and avoid clothing that expresses any profane or discriminating messages.
Swimmers are asked to change from their street clothes to swimming attire intended for swimming only when in the aquatics centre. T-shirts over swimsuits are permitted, however undergarments, cut offs, and thong bathing suits are not.
Please avoid using wireless devices and cell phones in the change rooms and washrooms. Bluetooth or wired loud speakers are not allowed in the change rooms and on the fitness floor.
Children accessing the facility who are 9 years and under, must be in a program or directly supervised by a parent or caregiver 16 years of age or older.
Photography, video and livestreaming is prohibited in change rooms and washrooms. Photography, video and livestreaming in other areas of the building should be discreet and considerate to all members and guests to respect their privacy, comfort, and enjoyment.
Take a virtual tour of The YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre
Experience the Y for yourself
What You’ll Find At Your Y
- A fully-equipped aquatics centre with a 25-metre lap pool and program pool with a hydraulic floor
- A 6,000-square-foot individual conditioning room with cardio and weight equipment
- Beautiful spaces designed with wood paneling and plenty of natural light
Early learning programming
- This new YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre features an innovative child care model where children will remain with their primary educators in the same physical environment from ages 0 to 3.8. The equipment and programming changes to meet the children’s developmental and emotional needs
- Conveniently located in The David Braley Vaughan Centre, children have access not only to quality, licensed child care spaces, but to YMCA Health and Fitness programs and the Vaughan City Library
Affordable membership options
- A variety of memberships available, including family membership which allows for two adults and any other number of children in your household
- A membership assistance program available for those for whom price may be a barrier
- Enjoy PLUS Adult and Family memberships (available for individuals age 22 and up) that include everything that comes with a General membership, PLUS extra amenities including steam room, whirlpool, complimentary towel service and tea/coffee.
- Transform your health with cardio and weight machines and round-the-clock fitness classes
- Get kids active with children’s programming run by passionate Y staff
- Enhance your fitness with à-la-carte programming such as personal training, adult swim lessons, and small group classes
Sustainable building features
- We reduced carbon emissions by opting for locally sourced and recycled materials when possible
- Thanks to efficient, low-waste systems, we are on track to be LEED certified and receive the gold standard
- A two-story green wall in the main hall promotes oxygen circulation for all of our visitors
- Vaughan's new family-friendly, air-conditioned YMCA is brought even more to life when 50 campers make it their home every week during the summer. Day campers take full advantage of the wonderful indoor facilities and will also participate in outdoor water play twice a week.
- Camp operates 9 am–4 pm.
- Extended Hours are available onsite from 7:30 am–9 am and 4 pm–6 pm for an additional fee of $40/week.
Meet Your New General Manager: Katie
The General Manager of the YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre, Katie, is no stranger to the Y, which she’s been a part of since childhood. She got her start at the Y’s summer camps, and has worked at various Health & Fitness centres. At the new YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre, Katie will be there to help new members feel welcome and volunteers discover how they can engage with the community.
Did You Know? The Y Is A Charity That's Changed Millions Of Lives For The Better
For 170 years, the Y has been igniting the potential in people, from teens who nurture their talents in our leadership programs to parents who find fulfillment in volunteering as fitness instructors. By joining the Y as a donor or participant in our programs, you’re starting a journey that will light up your days — and help your community shine bright.
David Braley Foundation Gives $5 Million to Your New YMCA
We're honoured to have received our largest one-time gift from a donor, ever: a transformational $5 million to your new YMCA in Vaughan from the David Braley Foundation.
David Braley was a beloved champion for sport, health, and community. He touched countless lives as a philanthropist, business owner, Canadian Senator, and Order of Canada appointee. Through his dedication to community building and his leadership in sport, Mr. Braley made a profound mark on the communities he worked in.
As a charity striving to build vibrant communities where everyone can reach their full potential, the YMCA of Greater Toronto is proud to honour the legacy of such an inspiring leader.
The new Y this transformational gift supports will be a cornerstone of Vaughan’s new downtown, located alongside a library, community spaces, offices, retail, and more. The Braley Foundation’s gift will have such a significant impact, we will be renaming this entire complex in honour: The David Braley Vaughan Centre.
Local Leaders Supporting Your New YMCA
Thank you to our campaign cabinet for helping bring Vaughan its very first YMCA Centre of Community. These dedicated leaders continue fundraising to support your new Y:
PwC | Partner Tax, Private Company Services
Peter Cortellucci, Co-Chair
Andrea DeGasperis-Ronco, Co-Chair
Principal & Co-Founder
Julian De Meneghi
Planner, Project Manager
Lormel Homes Ltd.
Liberty Development Corporation
Jonathan L. Frustaglio
Vice President & Market Manager
BMO Private Banking
Chief Financial Officer
Bolton Railings Inc.
Riccardo del Vecchio
Miller Thomson LLP
After learning about the Y and the great social infrastructure they’re bringing to my community, I thought, ‘How could I not be a part of this?’ If I can spread the word about the good the Y does — and help raise funds to get the new YMCA at The David Braley Vaughan Centre — then I'll have done my job.”
—Andrea DeGasperis Ronco, Strong Start, Great Future Campaign Cabinet Co-Chair and Donor
FREE 7-DAY PASS OFFER IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO THOSE WHO ARE 18 YEARS AND OLDER, AND WHO DO NOT HAVE A BALANCE OWING TO THE ASSOCIATION. INDIVIDUALS CAN REDEEM A MAXIMUM OF 2 TRIALS IN ONE CALENDAR YEAR. ONLY VALID FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY REDEEMED A FREE TRIAL OVER THE PAST 90 DAYS, AND WHO HAVE NOT HAD AN ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IN THE PAST 90 DAYS AT A YMCA HEALTH & FITNESS CENTRE IN MISSISSAUGA, BRAMPTON, MARKHAM, OSHAWA, VAUGHAN AND TORONTO. VALID FOR GENERAL ACCESS ONLY AND FOR 7 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. NO CASH VALUE; NOT FOR RESALE OR TRANSFERABLE; NON-REFUNDABLE. PHOTO ID REQUIRED. OFFER IS VALID FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILY PASSES. FEES FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES LIKE PERSONAL TRAINING, AND CHILDREN’S REGISTERED PROGRAMS APPLY. OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 31, 2023.