Day Camp Warehouse Assistant
|Time Commitment||Two months with possibility of extension. Minimum two days a week between Monday - Friday. 4 - 8 hour shifts between 7:30am – 3:30pm.|
|Location(s)||YMCA GTA Day Camp Office – 120 Shields Court, Markham.|
YMCA GTA Day Camps operates safe and engaging day camps for children aged 4-12 across the GTA. There are over 20 different program offerings for children to participate in. Our locations vary from Health & Fitness Centres, outdoor/conservation areas, private and school locations. The Day Camp office in Markham provides support to all YMCA Day Camp programs in the GTA.
- Organizing of all camp program and non-program (first aid, office equipment) supplies in the warehouse.
- Recording inventory of program supplies.
- Restoring camp supplies from previous summer to be in good condition for next summer programs.
- Packing of camp supplies for distribution to all camps.
- Minimum age 18.
- Successful applicants to this role will need to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lift, stand and bend for long period of time.
- Asset qualifications:
- Day Camp or Overnight Camp experience
- Experience with hardware tools
- Ability to work in a fast -paced environment
- Be a part of the YMCA and promote the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values.
- Gain experience working in a fast-paced environment and develop organizational skills.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
How to apply
Complete the online volunteer application. You will need to provide the position title and location information of this position during step 3 of the application.
Looking for a Different Role?
Check out the full list of our volunteer opportunities.
Why Volunteer for the Y?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great place to volunteer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of volunteers with meaningful positions and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For 170 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential.